VDOE's Statewide TTACs
VDOE's state-wide TTACs provide professional development and support designed to assist schools in addressing accountability and improvement goals for students with disabilities.
Factors that encourage successful outcomes of students with disabilities include:
- The school leadership and staff have high expectations of all students and embrace inclusion of students with disabilities in all school-related activities.
- There is collaboration among individualized education program (IEP) team members to develop as well as implement meaningful IEPs.
- The curriculum is aligned with state learning standards and the aligned curriculum is taught in all settings.
- There is collaboration among special and general education teachers in planning and delivering research-based, effective, and differentiated instruction.
- Students use appropriate assistive technology.
- Positive behavior supports are incorporated in a school-wide approach to discipline.
State-wide Projects with the Training & Technical Assistance Centers at TTAC Online
State Technical Assistance Centers